WEBINAR: Rewrite or convert? Preparing your content for automated DITA conversion
Time & Location
About the Event
- Mark Gross | President, DCL
- Gretyl Kinsey | Technical Consultant, Scriptorium
DITA is intended to maximize content re-use and single source content creation, thus simplifying content maintenance. Once an organization has decided to move content to DITA and completed its content model, there are some serious issues to resolve before the work begins. What do you do with your existing content? How much do you rewrite or clean up your content before you migrate it to DITA?
Panelists Mark Gross, President at DCL, and Gretyl Kinsey, Technical Consultant at Scriptorium, discuss key questions you’ll need to answer for a successful DITA conversion. They’ll discuss best practices they’ve seen over the years and also share what NOT to do before a conversion.
You’ll have a lot to take away from this informative webinar including how to:
- evaluate the implied structure of your unstructured content
- determine what content cleanup is needed before and after automated conversion
- perform content cleanup (rewriting, restructuring, or otherwise)