top of page
DCL is an active participant and speaker at many industry events
- Sep 27, 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM EDTThe Eaton DC, 1201 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USAPlatform Strategies explores the technologies and strategies that support professional and scholarly knowledge. After a 3-year hiatus the popular in-person event returns with renewed energy and excitement to tackle the technology challenges facing the scholarly publishing industry. DCL is a sponsor.
- Oct 03, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EDTAGU Conference Center, 2000 Florida Ave NW #7, Washington, DC 20009, USAThe NISO Plus conference brings people together from across the global information community to share updates and participate in conversations about our shared challenges and opportunities. The focus is on identifying concrete next steps to improve information interoperability and to solve problems.
- Oct 04, 9:30 AM EDT – Oct 05, 12:30 PM EDTAGU Conference Center, 2000 Florida Ave NW #7, Washington, DC 20009, USAThe 2023 New Directions Seminar will focus on how those working in scholarly communications are managing commercial and cultural disruptions. Where are the sands shifting most dramatically? How are content and service providers responding to these disruptions? DCL is a sponsor of this seminar.
- Oct 12, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTData Conversion Laboratory, 61-18 190th St, Queens, NY 11365, USAJoin this lunch and learn conversation between two of DCL’s talented technical minds as they discuss recent AI hallucinations they’ve observed, AI gone terribly wrong, and AI initiatives that seem truly promising. They will also detail how DCL tests and implements AI in its own automated systems.
- Oct 14, 12:00 PM PDT – Oct 17, 5:00 PM PDTManchester Grand Hyatt, 1 Market Pl, San Diego, CA 92101, USALavaCon started in Hawaii (hence the name) to help organizations utilize state-of-the-art content technologies. It's a gathering place where content professionals network with peers and build relationships that will last for years to come. DCL is exhibiting and Marianne Calilhanna will be a speaker.
- Oct 31, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTData Conversion Laboratory, 61-18 190th St, Queens, NY 11365, USAKeeping up with the many legal implications in our post-ChatGPT world is increasingly challenging. Stories abound with legal suits filed against OpenAI, Meta and others for training AI models with copyrighted content. In this webinar we bring together a technologist and an attorney—a father and son.
- Nov 06, 8:00 AM EST – Nov 09, 5:00 PM ESTJW Marriott, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USAThis year's theme, "KM Joy: Thrills & Challenges of the Tech-Driven KM Journey," focuses on the learning experiences and innovative breakthroughs for the future from knowledge management practitioners. DCL President Mark Gross will be speaking on "Designing KM Strategy to Support Federal Mandates."
- Mon 27 Nov27MonNovThe Charleston Conference: online edition/CharlestonNov 27, 8:30 AM EST – Dec 01, 2:30 PM ESTCharleston, SC, USALibrarians, publishers, electronic resource managers, consultants, and library material vendors discuss issues of importance to them all. DCL's Mark Gross will speak on "The New York Public Library’s Journey to Structure the Catalog of Copyright Entries and Unlock the Record of American Creativity."
- Sep 21, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTData Conversion Laboratory, 61-18 190th St, Queens, NY 11365, USAJoin us as content strategists discuss challenges specific to societies and associations. They’ll provide approaches to implement or update your content strategy toolset that allow for new opportunities in content efficiencies, improved member engagement, and monetization… without breaking the bank.
- Sep 11, 8:00 AM EDT – Sep 15, 5:00 PM EDTSawgrass Marriott, 1000 Tournament Players Club Blvd, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082, USAThe premier event to learn about developments in information exchange in aerospace to support engineering, maintenance, materiel and flight operations. The forum drives interoperability & digital transformation through the implementation of S-Series IPS-Specifications and S1000D. DCL is exhibiting.
- Aug 16, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTData Conversion Laboratory, 61-18 190th St, Queens, NY 11365, USAMaking content accessible for people with visual and cognitive impairments has long been a topic of discussion. Yet here we are in 2023 and the Allen Institute states that “only about 2.4% of published scientific research papers are fully accessible.” Why is this, and what can be done to remedy it?
- Mon 31 Jul31MonJulBalisage: The Markup Conference/Mulberry TechnologiesJul 31, 12:00 PM EDT – Aug 04, 3:30 PM EDTMulberry Technologies, Rockville, MD, USABalisage is an annual conference devoted to the theory and practice of descriptive markup and related technologies for structuring and managing information. DCL President Mark Gross will be speaking on "Pulling All Production Processes Together With an XML-First System" at this online event.
- Jul 26, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTCIDM, Kipling St, Denver, CO 80215, USADCL's Harmonizer is a software application that analyzes document collections using natural language processing to identify redundant content. It simultaneously analyzes across any file format – XML, HTML, SGML, Word, Framemaker, InDesign, PDF, and others. Learn more with CIDM/Comtech and DCL.
- Jun 25, 9:00 AM EDT – Jun 29, 1:00 PM EDTBoston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USAThis meeting invites industry, regulatory government, academics, and patients to discuss global and local challenges facing life sciences. DIA will amplify different perspectives while highlighting expertise across the globe to reimagine current processes that better enhance health and well-being.
- Jun 21, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDTSilverchair, 316 E Main St #300, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USAJoin AIP Publishing, Silverchair, and Data Conversion Laboratory as we discuss the details around the largest platform migration in Silverchair’s history. Hear from collaborators about the keys to their success, lessons learned, and tips for others looking to migrate or update their complex content.
- Jun 14, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDTThe Content Wrangler, 550 S. Oleander Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92264, USAContent transformation, conversion, and migration are often confused because they are related processes that involve changing digital content in some way. Additionally, the terminology can vary depending on the context and industry. Join us for a webinar that explores and explains the differences.
- Jun 13, 8:45 AM PDT – Jun 17, 1:00 PM PDTAdobe, 345 Park Ave, San Jose, CA 95110, USAThe 8th Adobe DITAWORLD Online Conference will show how Adobe is helping enterprises around the world connect the dots between Technical Communication and Marketing Communication, and how Adobe customers and partners are using them to create intelligent customer experiences with intelligent content.
- Tue 13 Jun13TueJunJATS-Con 2023 (online)/National Library of MedicineJun 13, 9:00 AM EDT – Jun 14, 2:45 PM EDTNational Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894, USAJATS-Con is an event for anyone who uses or would like to learn about the Journal Article Tag Suite, an XML format for marking up and exchanging journal content. Conference presentations are peer-reviewed and result in a final paper that is archived.
- Jun 08, 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM UTCSheraton Skyline, Heathrow Airport, Bath Rd, Harlington, Hayes UB3 5BP, UKIt is in the areas of intersection between real-world data, pre-clinical and clinical data that opportunities arise and challenges are overcome. Online or in person, hear how the world’s best minds in data science, digital healthcare and precision drug development are taking effective action.
- Jun 01, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM EDTWestin Toronto Airport Hotel, 950 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 5N4, CanadaAttendees of the CAPRA Symposium Committee's in-person and online event will hear from Health Canada, vendors, and regulatory experts. This symposium will provide an opportunity to understand the current regulations, learn about future requirements, and raise questions about the topics discussed.
- May 31, 9:00 AM PDT – Jun 02, 4:00 PM PDTOregon Convention Center & Hyatt Regency, 375 NE Holladay St, Portland, OR 97232, USAThis event highlights Trust and Transparency issues that underlie challenges in scholarly publishing. SSP continues to bring together academics, funders, librarians, publishers, service providers, technologists, and others with an interest in disseminating scholarly information. DCL is exhibiting.
- May 31, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDTInforma Connect, 149 Tottenham Ct Rd, London W1T 7NF, UKAs part of Global Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Digital Day, DCL is co-presenting "The Digital Future: The Impact of Technology on the Future of Regulatory Content Management." You'll learn about a platform to harmonize regulatory content as a foundation for the digital future and much more.
- Apr 27, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTData Conversion Laboratory, 61-18 190th St Suite 205, Queens, NY 11365, USAThis webinar will explore how different people in an organization can create and deliver personalized content using DITA. Real-world examples will let attendees recognize the power that DITA enables as we cover its key features like topics, maps and conditional processing to create tailored content.
- Apr 26, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDTEsko, Raymonde de Larochelaan 13, 9051 Gent, BelgiumStructured content management enables pharma companies to create, approve, translate, and transfer content more efficiently during the drug development lifecycle. It provides a strategy for companies to “write once and use everywhere,” providing a single source of truth for all content components.
- Apr 17, 7:30 AM EDT – Apr 19, 2:00 PM EDTKimpton Monaco Baltimore Hotel, 2 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USAIn its 25th year, this CIDM event offers Content Developers career-empowering knowledge, best practices, networking, practical solutions, and ideas and information to support efforts in defining and executing a comprehensive content strategy. DCL's Marianne Calilhanna is hosting a panel discussion.
- Apr 05, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDTComponize Software, Aix-en-Provence, FranceIt can be overwhelming when organizations face new workflows, tools, and technologies for the management of business-critical documents. Production never stops but it takes time to learn and test new workflows. How do organizations successfully employ the powerful features that a DITA CCMS provides?
bottom of page